Date: Saturday, 24 September 2016
Time: Doors Open 10:00 am & Green Flag 12:00 pm
Class of racing: Stock GT Lightning Vehicle (Maximum Downforce 275 grams; Slot Rodders scale will be used for weight verification; No added weight permitted; Super Tires on rear wheels permitted).
Entry Requirement: Each participant must bring a canned good or other non-perishable food item for the Food Bank of WNY
- Single Racers or Teams.
- One car to race (one approved “back-up” car may be used if primary car becomes inoperable; primary vehicle then becomes ineligible).
- Rotation through all six lanes of the track- 10 minutes per heat for a total of 60 minutes. Vehicle with most total laps after completion of all heats is the winner.
- Announcement of Race Results & Recognition (prizes).
- Racers remain at the track to answer questions regarding car setup, tuning, or driving.
Rules & Preparation:
- Register at Niagara Hobby & Craft Mart by Friday, 23 September 2016.
- Tech & Practice session on Friday, 23 September from 6:00 pm to 7:50 pm. Cars (primary & back-up) will be teched to confirm eligibility (GT Lightening class rules are available at Niagara Hobby & Craft Mart). In addition to tech, all cars will be verified for motor magnet strength and RPM at the wheels.
- Cars will be impounded Friday night following tech and remain quarantined until race.